On February 20, 2013 at 1:00 pm Eastern time (6 pm UK time), Redmonk analyst James Governor (@monkchips) will lead an expert panel of guests to discuss big data, analytics, and expert integrated systems. This video chat continues a video series on the subject of “opinionated infrastructure.” See James’ recent vlogs on these topics in the videos below.
Fellow Redmonk analyst, Stephen O’Grady (@sogrady) will be joining James on the panel this month as well as the following panelists:
- Trident Marketing CIO – Brandon Brown (@bbrownrdu)
- One Tree Co-Founder, Business Strategy Director – Panos Konstantindis (@panoskds)
- Revolution Analytics VP of marketing and community – David Smith (@revodavid)
- IBM OLTP and Data Warehouse Competitive Analyst – Dwaine Snow ( @DwaineSnow)
- Destiny Corporation, U.S. Managing Director – Dana Rafiee (@Dana_Rafiee)
The chat is live and is being moderated by Katie Lett, Social Business Manager for IBM PureSystems
During the chat they will address questions like:
- What types of challenges and opportunities are companies dealing with in big data and analytics today?
- How has the landscape changed? How are big data and analytics different today?
- What can we do now that we couldn’t do before? How do alliances, capabilities and integrations of technology allow us to derive new business value?
- Where do many companies stand today and how do they close the gap on where they need to be? How quickly can that gap be bridged?
- What new things are required? Do we need new infrastructures, software, languages, etc.?
- What are some use cases and implementations of success?
- What’s still yet to come and on the horizon?
To view past and upcoming video and Twitter chats, see our PureSystems chat schedule.
Options for participating
- You can watch the video chat live on the Expert Integrated Systems YouTube channel and use the #ibmpurechat tag in Twitter to ask a question or make a comment.
- Or join us on the Expert Integrated Google+ page to express a point of view, ask questions and discuss with others on the Google Hangout as the panel convenes live.
- Also we invite you to register for the chat on our Facebook page and G+ page.
How to Join a Google+ Hangout
1. You must have a Google+ account.
2. Add expert integrated systems to your Google circles and follow the event on our page.
3. Or, simply watch the live broadcast on our YouTube expert integrated systems channel.
See current conversation using the #IBMPureChat tag below.