Public, private, hybrid… more companies are taking a fresh look at these terms and evaluating how the cloud can propel their operations forward. On June 24, a panel of experts discussed why companies are extending enterprise application investments and key considerations when doing so. Check out a few of the highlights as well as the complete video below.
But first, meet the panelists.
- Nik McCrory (@Nikmccrory), IBM, New Technology and Integration Architect, Redbooks Thought Leader
- Holger Mueller (@holgermu), Constellation Research, VP and Principal Analyst
- John Hawkins (@IconJohnH), Icon Solutions, Principal Consultant
- JP Morgenthal (@JPMorgenthal), Perficient, Cloud Practice Director
- Amit Acharya (@amitacharya), IBM, Senior Product Manager for PureApplication System
Amit explains the use cases for the hybrid cloud below:
JP explains how the hybrid cloud allows businesses to burst for resources:
Is cloud the new normal? Watch John’s answer:
Holger shares what’s driving companies to the cloud:
Amit shares his perspective on PureApplication Service on SoftLayer:
Watch the complete video recap below and share your thoughts on Twitter using #IBMPureChat!