Public, private, hybrid… more companies are taking a fresh look at these terms and evaluating how the cloud can propel their operations forward. On June 24, a panel of experts discussed why companies are extending enterprise application investments and key considerations when doing so. Check out a few of the highlights as well as the complete video below.
But first, meet the panelists.
- Nik McCrory (@Nikmccrory), IBM, New Technology and Integration Architect, Redbooks Thought Leader
- Holger Mueller (@holgermu), Constellation Research, VP and Principal Analyst
- John Hawkins (@IconJohnH), Icon Solutions, Principal Consultant
- JP Morgenthal (@JPMorgenthal), Perficient, Cloud Practice Director
- Amit Acharya (@amitacharya), IBM, Senior Product Manager for PureApplication System
Amit explains the use cases for the hybrid cloud below:
JP explains how the hybrid cloud allows businesses to burst for resources:
Is cloud the new normal? Watch John’s answer:
Holger shares what’s driving companies to the cloud:
Amit shares his perspective on PureApplication Service on SoftLayer:
Watch the complete video recap below and share your thoughts on Twitter using #IBMPureChat!
In a commissioned study, Forrester Consulting describes how the adoption of integrated systems, prompts IT leaders to converge technical roles and adopt new processes for faster solution delivery. Learn how integrated systems can help you deliver solutions faster in this Forrester Consulting Study.