IBM Edge 2014 will be held May 19-23, 2014, at the Venetian in Las Vegas, bringing together more than 5500 technology leaders and practitioners from all industries to sharpen their expertise, discover the latest technologies, and share best practices in infrastructure innovation.
Edge 2014 offers a world-class business and technical curriculum built around System x, PureSystems, Storage, Software and Cloud, Analytics, Mobile and Social. There are 3 cornerstone events at Edge 2014: Executive Edge, Technical Edge and Winning Edge, and PureSystems will be featured prominently throughout all 3 of these events.
As clients ask for more from their IT, Edge 2014 will showcase how the PureSystems portfolio provides innovation on top of industry value, resulting in greater client value. IBM PureSystems families deliver greater speed, agility and resiliency in helping organizations in the analysis of big data for improved business insight with large scale virtualization for dynamic cloud environments.
Watch the Edge conference preview to get a glimpse of what to expect this month.
During the Day 1 General Session, “Infrastructure Innovation that Matters,” Adalio Sanchez will discuss how System x and PureSystems matter to Cloud, Analytics, Mobile and Social, highlighting IBM innovations and differentiating capabilities and making several key IBM announcements.
Throughout the Day 2 General Session, “Creating an Agile Infrastructure,” IBM senior executives and client speakers will show how System x and PureSystems solutions deliver on the promise of infrastructure’s value through the lens of Cloud, Analytics, Mobile and Social.
Executive Edge, Winning Edge, and MSP Summit
The Executive Edge Day 1 Main Tent Session, “Innovation Transforming Our World,” will demonstrate how innovative System x and PureSystems solutions are helping solve big issues that IBM clients are facing.
There will be a dedicated System x and PureSystems track during Executive Edge Day 2, including:
- Cloud Infrastructure Matters: Public, Private or Hybrid: This session focuses on new opportunities to virtualize and “cloud enable” enterprise applications. Clients—including cloud service providers—can realize the potential of virtualized and cloud-based infrastructure by deploying x86 and PureSystems solutions across the spectrum of workloads from VDI to infrastructure applications, enterprise solutions, and high performance computing.
- Analytics: Provide Insights for Making Better Decisions: This session describes the rise of the “compute+storage” paradigm and the completely new opportunities to tailor the way data is analyzed. Clients can obtain more insight, faster, with X6 capabilities, solutions for SAP HANA, and with PureSystems solutions.
- Social, Mobile and Security: Connect with Customers, Enable Workforce Mobility: This session covers how IT is playing a major role in providing higher mobility and deeper relationships with clients and employees. This shift requires resiliency for constant access to social media, as well as data from anywhere in the world, and it presents new IT security risks. Solution highlights include SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), PureFlex, and security solutions
- Future Tech That Will Drive Business Value for the C-Suite: This session describes innovation that sparks new opportunities for C-suite executives, including Flash Storage, Integrated Systems, High Performance Computing and Security solutions.
Winning in Transition: In this session, Adalio Sanchez will host Lenovo and address the opportunities the planned acquisition by Lenovo presents to IBM clients and Business Partners.
Winning Edge Day 1 will connect the hot IBM System x and PureSystems offerings to Cloud, Analytics, Mobile and Social and the Infrastructure Matters story for IBM Specialty Business Partners and IBM Sellers.
Winning Edge Day 2 features real-world strategies, tips and examples of how to beat the competition with IBM PureSystems and System x.
The MSP Forum, an exclusive session for Managed Service Providers, will provide key insights for evolving their business model to offer services on the cloud leveraging System x and PureSystems.
Technical Edge will feature more than 50 PureSystems sessions across 8 tracks (including a dedicated Expert Integrated Systems track), and many cross-brand sessions where PureSystems is featured. Check out Technical Edge Tracks for more details. And search for PureSystems, PureFlex, PureData, and PureApplication to add sessions to your agenda in the IBM Edge Online Event portal. Some of the PureSystems technical sessions include:
- Accelerate Your Business Insights with IBM DB2 with BLU Acceleration on Power Systems
- Accelerate Cloud Infrastructure with IBM PureFlex Systems
- Grow Revenue Opportunities with a Portfolio of Cloud Services Tailored for MSPs on IBM PureFlex
- Why Use IBM PureFlex for Fabric-Based Infrastructure and Cloud Computing?
- Understanding the IBM PureSystems Family
- Provisioning IBM PureFlex x86 Nodes with Config Patterns 4.1
- Flex Storage Networking Solutions Planning and Design
- Understanding Power Compute Nodes in IBM PureSystems
- Why the Flex System Manager Is Desirable in the IBM Flex System
- Top 10 Reasons to Run Oracle Database Software on IBM PureFlex Systems vs. Oracle Exadata
- Scalable Transaction Databases Made Easy: OLTP with IBM PureData System for Transactions
- Expand Your Analytics Strategy: Data Warehouse Augmentation
- Unstructured Data Analytics: Big Data Analytics With Hadoop
- The Fundamentals: Analyze Structured Data With IBM PureData System for Analytics
- A Year in the Life – IBM Flex Systems Lessons Learned
- VMControl, SmartCloud Entry and Power Compute Nodes in IBM PureSystems
- Smarter Systems Interconnect with IBM Flex System and IBM PureSystems Solutions
PureSystems Booth in the Expo
The PureSystems booth in the Edge Expo will have the whole PureSystems family on display. Be sure to stop by to get some hands on time with PureFlex, PureApplication, and PureData Systems and talk to the experts. Get some cool giveaways while you’re at it
As always, Edge is not just about technical sessions, we also have two great artists helping you to unwind. On Tuesday, May 20, Sheryl Crow, an iconic singer / song writer who has not just sold over 35 million records but is also the winner of 9 Grammy awards, will perform live at the EdgeRocks! Once you soak up the sun at this concert, get ready to laugh with Tom Cotter at EdgeLOL on Wednesday, May 21. Tom has taken the comedy scene by storm since finishing in 2nd place on “America’s Got Talent” in 2012. His other television and radio credits include, “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” his very own special “Comedy Central Presents… Tom Cotter,” and many more.
Livestream and social media
Can’t make it to Edge2014? You can watch live recordings of the general sessions and other parts of the conference at livestream.com/edge.
You can join these Edge and PureSystems social networks:
- Twitter: @IBMEdge (#ibmedge) and @IBMPureSystems (hashtag: #puresystems)
- Facebook: IBM Edge and IBM PureSystems
- Blogs: IBM Expert Integrated Systems
- YouTube: IBM Edge and IBM PureSystems
- LinkedIn: IBM Edge and IBM PureSystems
Want to learn more about using social media? Stop by the Edge Social Lounge for fun activities and tutorial sessions in getting started with social media.
In a commissioned study, Forrester Consulting describes how the adoption of integrated systems, prompts IT leaders to converge technical roles and adopt new processes for faster solution delivery. Learn how integrated systems can help you deliver solutions faster in this Forrester Consulting Study.