More than 9,000 attendees are learning how IBM PureApplication can quickly and easily extend enterprise applications to the cloud. In Tuesday’s general session, IBM announced the IBM PureApplication environment is available as an integrated system for running applications on-premises and as an off-premises service running applications on the IBM SoftLayer infrastructure. Together, they provide pattern deployment and the fully automated application environment necessary to optimize and extend enterprise application investments across a dynamic hybrid cloud.
The momentum is building as well with a growing number of IBM and IBM Business Partner patterns, also now available on the IBM Cloud Marketplace. These patterns provide deployment simplicity and speed for a broad range of applications and middleware.
The next generation of PureApplication System continues innovation for application deployment and management with enhanced hardware updates and new software capabilities. These capabilities include the seamless portability of patterns between on-premises and off-premises cloud environments.
Meet up with us at upcoming PureSystems sessions
Dozens of PureSystems clients are speaking about their PureSystems implementations at Impact sessions, roundtables and “meet-ups” with fellow attendees. For example, in the Monday general session PureSystems customer Tangerine shared how it is using PureApplication System for its mobile banking solution. On Thursday, eWell will describe how IBM PureApplication System became the platform for its successful healthcare solution.
Drumroll please, the winners are:
IBM clients and business partners who are taking advantage of PureSystems innovation for their business were recognized with “Innovation, Pure and Simple” awards and a champagne toast at the Expert Integrated Booth Monday evening.
The winners were:
- GE Capital for Business Transformation with Cloud
- Tangerine for Mobile Innovation
- Dutch Tax and Customs Administration for IT Architecture Innovation
- Blue Shield of California and Perficient for Outstanding Collaboration
- Jiangxi Rural Credit Union (RCCB) for Smarter Process Innovation
- Walgreens for Process Innovation
Business Partners were honored for their innovation at a luncheon Sunday. Business Partner eWell received the PureApplication System Award and Icon Solutions received the 2014 Cloud Innovation Award.
In addition, IBM Business Partners Perficient, Constellation Research, Security First Corp., Sirius computer Solutions and Icon Solutions are demonstrating PureSystems in action to conference participants at targeted meet-ups.
Imagine Dragons Meet and Greet Winner
PureSystems also sparked interest with a lively contest that elicited and shared PureSystems-related photos from Impact attendees. The winner, whose name was drawn from all the submissions, was Alejandro Raiczyk (Twitter: @araiczyk). Mr. Raiczyk earned the opportunity to meet Imagine Dragons, honored as the Favorite Alternative Rock Artist by the American Music Awards.
Ways to stay connected through social media
See the latest news about IBM PureSystems at Impact 2014 and stay connected on social networks with Hashtags: #ibmimpact, #puresystems:
- Facebook: IBM Impact and IBM PureSystems
- Twitter: Follow @IBMImpact and @IBMPureSystems
- Hashtags: Use #ibmimpact and #puresystems
- Blogs: IBM Impact
- Photos: IBM Impact on Flickr
- YouTube: IBM Impact
And don’t forget to check out the latest Impact blog posts below:
- Blog: Imagine the possibilities with PureSystems at Impact 2014
- Blog: Pre-event PureSystems excitement
- Photos: IBM Impact PureSystems Photo Album
- Blog: Making An Impact With PureSystems In The Cloud
- Blog: PureApplication accelerates mobile, hybrid cloud, and IaaS at IBM Impact
- Blog: IBM PureSystems Improves Pharmacy Operations, Health care and Beyond at IBM Impact
- Blog: What’s New in IBM PureApplication System at IBM Impact 2014
- Blog: Freeing Society from Diseases Using Hybrid Cloud with IBM PureApplication at IBM Impact
- Blog: Join PureApplication customer roundtables at IBM Impact 2014
In a commissioned study, Forrester Consulting describes how the adoption of integrated systems, prompts IT leaders to converge technical roles and adopt new processes for faster solution delivery. Learn how integrated systems can help you deliver solutions faster in this Forrester Consulting Study.