I’m pleased to report that IBM grew our integrated infrastructure and platforms market revenues 2.6 times faster than the market overall during Q3, based on data reported in the IDC Worldwide Integrated Infrastructure & Platforms Tracker, December 20, 2013.
- IBM revenues grew almost 180% YtY in a market that grew 68% YtY
- IBM gained almost 5 pts of share YtY
- In the Integrated Infrastructure segment that PureFlex participates in, IBM revenues grew almost 370% which was over 3X the segment growth rate
- IBM’s revenue growth in the Integrated Platform Segment which PureApplication and PureData system participates in, was also over 3X the segment growth rate
Our thanks to our clients and IBM business partners who by the end of Q3 have helped us achieve:
- More than 350 public references by the end of Q3
- A robust ecosystem which includes over 2,200 business partners, who’ve earned more than 9,200 business partner and technical certifications
- A growing solution portfolio of more than 520 patterns developed by IBM and more than 340 leading partners
It’s clear the IBM’s PureSystems value proposition of speed, simplicity, lower TCO, high performance and flexibility and choice is ringing true with customers. Here are just a few examples of the results IBM PureSystems customers are achieving:
- “Reports that regularly took over an hour to complete now completed in less than five minutes. Queries that took over 12 hours to complete on our previous system are now completed in 10 minutes or less on the PureData System for Analytics.”Peter McCallum, Information Solutions Manager, Two Degrees Mobile
- “IBM PureSystems gives us freedom to grow, increases our availability, allows the creation of a hot environment for disaster recovery and puts the company in the right direction by using new technologies such as cloud computing.” – Jose Geraldo Ortigosa, operations manager, VALECARD
- “With PureData System for Transactions, we wouldn’t have to spend weeks or months on implementations. It can potentially eliminate nearly two months off the server-build process.” – Robert M. Collins Jr. (Kent), Database Engineer, BNSF Railway
If you haven’t already, I encourage you to take a little time to learn more about how IBM PureSystems could help you achieve your objectives faster and at lower cost.