From November 3-7, 2013, I will be in Las Vegas with the IBM PureSystems team for the Information on Demand (IOD) Conference to join in on the conversations on how companies today can think big, deliver big, and win big with Big Data and Analytics–and more, specifically, with Expert Integrated Systems that help deliver data services to today’s demanding applications with simplicity, speed & lower cost. I’ll be posting daily PureSystems highlights on the IOD blog. The IOD conference is usually IBM’s largest event–with over 11K attendees last year– and has some of the best entertainment. Last year, both Barenaked Ladies and OneRepublic performed. This year, Fun is performing. Boy, are my kids jealous. More details on that in a bit.
The PureSystems social team will be live tweeting at the event from the @IBMPureSystems handle using #PureSystems and #ibmiod hashtags. Many sessions will be on Livestream if you aren’t able to attend the show in person.
PureSystem IOD Sessions
We have more than 130 sessions at IOD that will focus on PureSystems including:
- Changing the Economics of IT with IBM PureSystems (Sunday Nov. 3, 2-3pm)
- Scientific Research with DBaaS on IBM PureApplication and PureData for Transactions (Monday Nov. 4, 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM)
- Speed, Simplicity and Confidence in the Era of Big Data (Monday, Nov. 4, 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. )
- Overview of the New IBM PureData System for Hadoop Appliance: Simplifying Big Data for the Enterprise (Monday, Nov. 4, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM)
- Building on the Vision: A Leading Retailer’s Experience Living With IBM PureData for Analytics (Tuesday, Nov. 5, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM)
- PureApplication System: Simplified Pattern Creation and Management – Feedback Session (Tuesday, Nov. 5, 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM or 4:30 PM – 5:45 PM or Wednesday, Nov. 6, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM)
- Analytics Patterns of Expertise–the Fast Path to Amazing Solutions (Wednesday, Nov 6 10:00 AM -11:00 AM)
- Case Study: PureData System for Transactions Meets the Challenge for Business Critical Application (Wednesday, Nov 6, 01:45 PM – 02:45 PM)
I encourage you to create your own schedule for IOD by visiting the agenda builder tool. Some speakers provide video overviews of their PureSystems sessions at IOD. Check them out:
- Bank of America and IBM present on “Addressing Banking Compliance Challenges in a New Regulatory World” at #IBMIOD ibm.co/19B1wNC
- David Birmingham (@enzeevoice) discusses his upcoming #ibmiod session on migrating to #PureData from a data warehouse ibm.co/1gBTuds
- Get a preview of what @ARonthal will chat about in his #ibmiod session on leveraging the benefits of IBM Netezza ibm.co/1acz7ym
- Rachel Bland previews her #PureSystems session on Analytics Patterns of Expertise — the Fast Path to Amazing Solutions ibm.co/1ccX4oF #IBMIOD
PureSystems Booth Activity
The PureSystems booth will have the whole PureSystems family on display. Be sure to stop by to get some hands on time with PureApplication, PureData and PureFlex System. And get some free giveaways, like a handy dandy PureSystems water bottle to keep you hydrated while in the Vegas desert.
The Connect Social Lounge will be located on the 2nd Floor of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center between the giant escalators and small elevator bank. One exciting activity you should be sure to check out is the Win Big Challenge. Attendees will answer IBM trivia questions, many of which will be PureSystems focused. For each correct answer, you receive a point, after three wrong answers your turn is over. But fear not, you can play as many times as you like throughout the conference. Daily winners will be entered into the Win Big Challenge Championship Round for a chance to win some fabulous prizes.
You can learn more about the Win Big challenge and all other IOD activities on the IOD Blog.
Now onto the “Fun” part of IOD! On Tuesday, November 5, from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Grammy Award winning, indie-pop trio Fun will perform exclusively for Information on Demand attendees. Enjoy great food and drinks as you jam out to hits like the 2012 Song of the Year Grammy “We Are Young.”
If you can’t make it to Vegas for IOD, be sure to catch the general session and interviews from IOD on Livestream. We will be sharing the schedule shortly!
For an example of what to expect from PureSystems family at IOD, check out the PureSystems highlights from IBM Edge.
Ways to stay connected through social media
- Facebook: IBM Information on Demand and IBM PureSystems
- Twitter: Follow @IBM_IOD and @IBMPureSystems
- Hashtags: Use #ibmiod and #ibmpuresystems
- Blogs on IOD: Read IBM Information on Demand blogs and IBM PureSystems blogs on IOD
- Photos: instagram.com/ibmiod | PureSystems Facebook Album
- YouTube: IBM Information on Demand and PureSystems
- Livestream: Livestream.com/ibmiod
Get a video preview of some of the IBM Information on Demand 2013 excitement below.
In a commissioned study, Forrester Consulting describes how the adoption of integrated systems, prompts IT leaders to converge technical roles and adopt new processes for faster solution delivery. Learn how integrated systems can help you deliver solutions faster in this Forrester Consulting Study.