On October 16 at 12pm EDT (5 pm UK time), Redmonk analyst James Governor (@monkchips) will lead an expert panel of guests to discuss “De-mystifying and simplifying cloud”. This video chat continues a video series on the subject of “opinionated infrastructure.” See James’s blog and check out his most recent vlog below:
The panel includes:
- James Governor (@monkchips), Redmonk Analyst and Moderator
- Simon Birt (@sblearntech), Trivantis, Senior Manager Sales
- Matt Good, Kingland Systems, Principal Software Architect
- Jason Gartner (@jason_gartner), IBM Vice President, PureSystems Product Management
- Luke Kanies (@puppetmasterd), Puppet Labs, CEO & Founder
- Angel Diaz (@angelluisdiaz), IBM Vice President, Software Standards, Cloud Labs & HiPODS
- Cleveland Bonner (@CDBonner), IBM Social Business Manager, PureSystems
As the cloud computing discussion shifts from mainly technological conversations to discussions about business models and company cultures, the role of standards in the cloud has become increasingly important. When leveraging cloud, companies have different starting points and need to consider flexibility, simplicity, and standards around their implementation. Therefore, this month’s panelists may discuss questions such as:
- What are common business needs, use cases and starting points into cloud adoption today?
- What type of capabilities do companies need to consider for the different starting points?
- What are the ways that companies are leveraging Cloud today and why?
- What are the drivers to Cloud? What type of differentiators are companies achieving with Cloud?
- What are some examples of companies transforming their business with Cloud well today? Any best practices?
To view past and upcoming video and Twitter chats, see our PureSystems chat schedule.
How to participate
- Watch the video chat live on the Expert Integrated Systems YouTube channel and use the #ibmpurechat tag on Twitter to ask a question or make a comment.
- Join us on the Expert Integrated Google+ page to express a point of view, ask questions and discuss with others on the Google Hangout as the panel convenes live.
How to Join a Google+ Hangout
1. You must have a Google+ account.
2. Add expert integrated systems to your Google circles and follow the event on our page.
3. Or, simply watch the live broadcast on our YouTube expert integrated systems channel.