On February 6, 2013 at 1 pm ET, join us for a Twitter Chat with ClabbyAnalytics analyst Joe Clabby on the topic of Expert Integrated Systems, Midsize Businesses, and the role of Managed Services Providers (MSPs) in helping leverage Cloud delivery. In particular, the discussion will address the challenges that midsize businesses face and how MSPs can help them transform their approach to information technology.
Cost reduction and efficiency are top priorities for midsize businesses and virtualization and cloud computing offer tantalizing cost savings, ease-of-use, availability, flexibility, and efficiency benefits. The need for a highly flexible, resilient and efficient IT infrastructure has intensified in the face of continued cost pressures and made midsized businesses realize they need to take advantage of virtualized, shared architectures to make the most of their IT investments. One-server-per-application architectures are no longer sufficient. Rapid provisioning of IT resources is now a necessity if midsize businesses are to thrive in this hyper-competitive business world.
Driven by Cloud, IT delivery is moving from client on-premise to Cloud-enabled MSP environments. Expert Integrated Systems help MSPs:
- Reduce technical and financial risks of new cloud deployments, including inconsistencies that lead to service delivery gaps.
- Accelerate time to revenue. Where it used to take days to provision a server across multiple architectures, it can now take minutes.
- Cut operating expenses, like systems admin and setup, by up to 50%.
Some questions that will be addressed include:
- Why would a managed service provider want to adopt IBM’s PureSystem architecture?
- What makes PureSystems different than other vendor’s servers?
- How do PureSystems help MSPs deal with security/multi-tenancy issues?
- Why would an MSP want to partner with IBM and adopt PureSystems?
- How is IBM helping MSPs manage acquisition costs
The conversation will be led by our moderator Joe Clabby (@clabbyanalytics), who has over 32 years of experience in the IT industry in positions of sales, marketing, and research and analysis and is currently the President of Clabby Analytics.
Our panelists include:
- Marc Haberkorn: Marc is the Senior Product Manager of IBM’s PureApplication System. He is currently driving cutting edge advancements in IBM’s cloud portfolio. He holds an MBA from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business, and a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering from Penn State University. Marc previously owned IBM Workload Deployer. He also has a background in software development, having worked as a software engineer in the WebSphere Technology Institute, contributing to architecture and implementation of emerging WebSphere technologies. You can follow him on Twitter @MarcHaberkorn
- Timothy Alpers: Tim has held a variety of roles during his 29 year career with IBM, from hardware design to firmware development, project manager for the AS/400 system, manager of ISV support for AS/400, global development manager for customer care and billing application development within the Telecommunications and Media Industry, product manager for OS/400, and several Product Development Team Lead roles within Power Systems, Bladecenter, and High Performance Computing. Tim is currently a member of the product marketing team for IBM PureFlex System. You can follow him on Twitter @tjnz77.
- Timothy Tsao: Timothy is the Global MSP Marketing Leader for IBM Midmarket. Prior to this role, Tim was the Mobile Leader and Offerings Portfolio Manager for IBM Midmarket. Tim started with IBM in 2003 and has held brand and product marketing roles. You can follow him on Twitter @timothy_tsao .
- Kumar Malavalli: An entrepreneur, renowned philanthropist and visionary in the field of storage networks. He is the co-author and the driving force behind Fibre Channel, an evolutionary technology that enabled the development of production-class storage area networks (SAN’s) and a multi-billion dollar market segment. In 1995 he co-founded Brocade Communications, a leading provider of storage area networking infrastructure, and served as its CTO for many years. Kumar is currently the CEO, Co-Founder and Chairman of InMage Systems, a data protection company which he co-founded. With its patent-pending technology, InMage is the pioneer of event-based disaster recovery and affordable data protection software, addressing the needs of companies who depend on continuous availability of data and applications to assure business continuity. You can follow him on Twitter @KumarMalavalli.
How to Join the Twitter chat
It’s easy to join the conversation using Twitter – simply follow and use the hashtag #IBMPureChat on the day of the event to participate. Reply or re-tweet questions or comments with any panelists, the moderator or fellow participants. Alternatively, you can follow the Twitter conversation using Tweet Chat.com.
If you’re interested in addressing any specific questions during the chat, let me know in advance, and I’ll see if I can line up some guest panelists to help answer them.
See active conversations around #IBMPureChat going on right now below.
If after the chat you still want to keep the convo going in person – we invite you to check out our upcoming MSP events here.