Below is our live video chat and we will be providing a recap post shortly.
On January 23, 2013 at 1:00 pm Eastern time (6 pm UK time), Redmonk analyst James Governor will lead an expert panel of guests to discuss the importance of apps, ecosystems, and end user experience in today’s IT world. This video chat continues a video series on the subject of “opinionated infrastructure.” See James’ recent vlogs on these topics in the videos below.
The types of questions the panel will discuss:
- How do you build an ecosystem?
- How do you manage the tension between openness and quality? Between application and platform?
- How do you ensure partners are happy?
- What is the optimal revenue share in a partner ecosystem?
- What is the value of the distribution of the app? Who has the best deal?
- How do you genuinely do “co-opetiton”?
- What are your experiences with app stores? Especially as they evolved from catalogs and the like?
- What are IBM’s plans for an appstore?
- Analyst: James Governor (@monkchips), Redmonk, Founder: Moderator for the chat
- Business Partner: Panos Konstantindis (@panoskds), OneTree, Co-founder, Business Strategy Director
- Business Partner: Doug Piper, Vision Solutions, VP of Product Strategy
- Business Partner: Kent Mitchell, Zend, Senior Director of Product Management
- Business Partner: Andrea Fontana (@net2action), factor-y, Senior IT Specialist
- IBMer: Dave Mitchell, IBM, Director of Strategy and Emerging Business
- IBMer: Savio Rodrigues (@SavioRodrigues), IBM, Program Director, PureApplication System and Private Cloud Product Management
- IBMer: Tiffany Winman (@TiffanyWinman): IBM, PureSystems social strategist: Chat facilitator
Options for participating
- You can watch the video chat live on the Expert Integrated Systems YouTube channel and use the #ibmpurechat tag in Twitter to ask a question or make a comment.
- Or join us on the Expert Integrated Google+ page to express a point of view, ask questions and discuss with others on the Google Hangout as the panel convenes live.
How to Join a Google+ Hangout
1. You must have a Google+ account.
2. Add expert integrated systems to your Google circles and follow the event on our page.
3. Or, simply watch the live broadcast on our YouTube expert integrated systems channel.
Ways you can help us promote the video chat
- Blog Post: Please drive people to this blog post for more information http://ibm.co/Wg0n5I
- G+ Event: Register at this event page http://bit.ly/VMMbUM
Customize these sample updates for your own your social networks
- Next #IBMPureChat is Jan 23 @1pmET discussing apps, ecosystems, and UX in today’s IT world ibm.co/Wg0n5I #PureSystems
- Next #PureSystems video chat is Jan 23 @1pmET discussing apps and ecosystems. Use the #IBMPureChat to ask questions: ibm.co/Wg0n5I
Innovative companies continue to look for ways to deliver business value by accelerating time to market, improving application performance, and reducing the staff time needed for many routine ongoing management and support activities. Learn how you can do that and more in this Integrated Systems Analyst Paper from the IDC.