Customers always complain that their expectations cannot be met:
- Do more with less: Reduce capital and operating costs.
- Reduce the risk: Ensure that all business data and transactions are at the appropriate levels of security and flexibility.
- Higher quality of service: Improve service quality and provide new services to help business growth and reduce costs.
- Flexibility, mobility: At the same time, increase the ability of rapid delivery of new services to capture opportunities.
How can these challenges be settled at the same time? The IT model must shift from our traditional model where we spend the vast majority of our time “running IT” to Smarter Computing – where IT infrastructure enables a Smarter Planet and drives innovation. As we know, virtualization is a technology that can save cost by increasing resources utilization and improving flexibility, adjusting resources dynamically using intelligent automation. Also, implementing standard components in the system is another way to save cost and improve compatibility and efficiency. Automation reduces management costs, drives an enhanced user experience, and automates many manual tasks to reduce errors and deliver new services faster.
IBM PureSystems is the integration platform with all of these capabilities. It offers compute, networking, and storage capabilities with standard components; a virtualization engine and a high level systems management appliance to manage all the resources (14 compute nodes, the Enterprise Chassis, SAN networking switches, storage, and more); it supports resource pooling and intelligent automation for dynamic VM placement and fast deployment of services.
IBM PureSystems is a member of a family of expert integrated systems from IBM. The first members of the family to hit the market include these systems:
- IBM PureSystems is the infrastructure system in the family. Expert at sensing and anticipating resource needs to optimize the customer’s infrastructure. The main features are:
- Factory integrated and optimized system infrastructure
- Integrated management
- Automation and optimization expertise
- Support for a wide range of workloads
- IBM Pure Application System is the platform system in the family. Expert in optimally deploying and running applications for rapid time-to-value. The main features are:
- Expert designed, integrated, and optimized application-aware platform
- Platform patterns of expertise
- Simplified management with a single console
All IBM PureSystems are designed for cloud. Speaking of cloud… how does IBM PureSystems help customers accelerate cloud adoption? Naturally, IBM PureSystems provides the basics to deliver infrastructure as a service (IaaS). Clients get a secure model for processing, storage, networks, and other computing resources. This also allows for rapidly and elastically provisioning and controlling resources to deploy and run software and services without the need to manage or control the underlying resources. IBM PureSystems supports more than twice the peak virtualized application load than previous generation IBM systems!
Customers are also able to use IBM PureSystems as a platform to deploy software as a service (SaaS) business applications. IBM has the broadest open ecosystem of partners ready and able to provide industry expertise and solutions to clients who are ready for easy deployment on IBM PureSystems. There are over 100 leading optimized packaged applications available. ISV solutions are built once with flexible deployment models on IBM PureSystems (private or public cloud). Customers can able to take advantage of the compound value delivered by ISV applications on Troy.
IBM PureSystems can manage the entire environment from a single pane of glass (interface). IBM Flex System Manager, the secret ingredient in IBM PureSystems, enables a simplified experience making every part of the IT lifecycle easier. It provides integrated management of the entire system starting with the hardware all the way to the top, with the broad open ecosystem of optimized solutions.
In summary, IBM PureSystems provides the converged infrastructure with integrated expertise for IT organizations that want the simplicity of integrated servers, storage, networking, virtualization, and management but also want control over tuning the middleware and run-time environment. It also provides the building blocks on which ISVs can quickly and efficiently deploy industry solutions. Finally, this can all be done in a way that accelerates the use of cloud environments that help extend current investments through open standards and helps efficiently share IT resources to improve the economics of IT.
To learn more about IBM PureSystems and the new systems family go to expertintegratedsystems.com
Innovative companies continue to look for ways to deliver business value by accelerating time to market, improving application performance, and reducing the staff time needed for many routine ongoing management and support activities. Learn how you can do that and more in this Integrated Systems Analyst Paper from the IDC.